What is your next act?
The third class of ILI Fellows will begin their one-year program in the fall of 2020, following an opportunity during the summer to visit campus to meet with faculty mentors and staff advisors to determine a course of tailored study and make arrangements for living at Notre Dame. The program will follow the Notre Dame academic calendar.
Below, please find the dates for the 2020-2021 program:
July 15 - 17, 2020
ILI Discovery Session
August 20 - 21, 2020
ILI Welcome Week
August 24, 2020
Fall Semester Classes Begin
- A core course designed to provide exposure to the Great Books and the themes they elucidate to broaden the mind and facilitate inner exploration
- A personally tailored curriculum, under the guidance of a faculty advisor, with selected classes and research opportunities from across the University
- Weekly cohort luncheons and dinners featuring the best of University faculty and external guest speakers across multiple disciplines
- A discernment process for those who know they want to transition to something new but are uncertain as to what best to pursue
- An invitation, at your discretion, to spiritual enrichment for those of all faiths
- Access to Notre Dame’s expansive global network through the Global Gateways, based in London, Rome, Dublin, Jerusalem, and Beijing and beyond including exposure to the myriad of University initiatives housed there
- Opportunities for fellows and their spouses/life partners to build lifelong relationships with members of their cohort as well as the broader University community
- Engagement in research with students and/or faculty in the fellow’s desired area of study
- Planned cultural and sporting events on campus and in the region
- Notre Dame, Indiana is located in a region with a population of over 320,000 just 90 miles east of Chicago. It offers many attractive residence options from homes to apartments to condominiums to full service hotels - many located just adjacent to campus. We are happy to assist you in finding suitable housing.
What is the expected time commitment from fellows and spouses actively engaged in the ILI?
- We recognize that fellows and spouses have other obligations to family and interests. We are seeking individuals who not only want to play an active role in their own journey, but also want to engage with the Notre Dame community and the cohort. Accordingly, we recommend a minimum commitment of 15-17 days per month at Notre Dame to optimize the ILI experience for you, the cohort, and the campus community.
- We also recognize that your spouse or life partner may not be interested in fully engaging in the ILI, and welcome participation from social participation to full fellow status including the opportunity to audit up to two courses, per semester, for a reasonable fee. We look forward to providing resources and support to ensure a rewarding experience for both you and your spouse or partner.
- We believe fellows will find an academic year to actually be a relatively brief period of time, considering the many years you have invested in getting to where you are as an accomplished leader. Thoughtfully transitioning the expertise, relationships, and passions you have developed into a new focus in a resource-rich environment like a university campus helps to ensure you make the right choices for what should be the most fulfilling part of your life.
- The program is designed with the flexibility to allow for you to continue to be involved in the family, community, and board activities you continue to be engaged in while participating in this rare opportunity to discern, discover, and pursue your mission at this stage in life.
Annual Fees and Financial Support
- To accept an offer of admission, a deposit of 10% of the program fee is requested.
- The ILI program desires to have a cohort of accomplished leaders from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and accordingly is pleased to have the ability, within our capacity, to offer a reduced fee for admitted fellows who are accepted to this program and who would otherwise not be able to participate.
- The annual fee for the academic year commencing in the fall of 2020 will be $53,000 for each fellow. A spouse or life partner who also participates as a full fellow can do so at the reduced fee of $26,500.