The fourth cohort of ILI fellows will begin their program in August of 2022 and complete it in May 2023. Applications may be submitted from October 1, 2021 through February 28, 2022 for the fourth cohort. Visit our Admissions page to apply.
- A core curriculum designed to broaden the mind and facilitate inner exploration
- A personally tailored curriculum, under the guidance of a faculty advisor, with selected classes and research opportunities from across the University
- Weekly cohort luncheons and dinners featuring the best of University faculty and external guest speakers across multiple disciplines
- A discernment process for those who know they want to transition to something new but are uncertain as to what best to pursue
- An invitation, at your discretion, to spiritual enrichment for those of all faiths
- Access to Notre Dame’s expansive global network through the Global Gateways—based in London, Rome, Dublin, Jerusalem, Mexico City, Beijing, and beyond—along with Notre Dame's domestic gateways
- Opportunities for fellows and their spouses/life partners to build lifelong relationships with members of their cohort as well as the broader University community
- Engagement in research with students and/or faculty in the fellow’s desired area of study
- Planned cultural and sporting events on campus and in the region
Housing and Living at Notre Dame
Notre Dame, Indiana, is located in a region with a metropolitan population of over 320,000, situated 90 miles east of Chicago. It offers attractive residence options, from homes to apartments to condominiums to full-service hotels—many located adjacent to campus. Incoming fellows are responsible for securing their own housing for the duration of the program. The cost of housing and living expenses is not included in the program's fees. Most fellows choose to rent an apartment, townhouse, or single-family home within easy walking distance of the Notre Dame campus.
We recognize that fellows and spouses have other obligations to family and interests. We are seeking individuals who not only want to play an active role in their own journey, but also want to engage with the Notre Dame community and the cohort. Accordingly, we recommend a minimum commitment of 4 days per week at Notre Dame to optimize the ILI experience for you, the cohort, and the campus community.
Current and Past Fellows
Learn more about those currently participating in the program, as well as those who came before them.
Annual Fees and Financial Support
To accept an offer of admission, a deposit of 10% of the program fee is requested. The ILI program desires to have a cohort of individuals from a diverse spectrum of backgrounds and, accordingly, is proud to have the ability to endeavor to offer a fee reduction, potentially including stipends for expenses, for prospective fellows who are appropriate for this program and who would otherwise not be able to attend. The annual fee for the fourth cohort commencing August 2022 will be $57,500 for each fellow. A spouse or partner who also participates as a full fellow can do so at the reduced fee of $28,750.