Apply Today for Cohort #4
The program is open to up to 30 participants and their spouses or life partners for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Please consider the following when contemplating the program:
- The program is seeking a broad array of accomplished individuals who have completed careers of 20 years or more, on average. Experience may be in any field from non-profit, business, family management, and academics, to name a few.
- The program encompasses a full academic year at the University of Notre Dame’s home campus, as well as providing access to its domestic and global gateways, as desired.
- The program desires to have a cohort of individuals from a diverse spectrum of backgrounds and, accordingly, is proud to have the ability to endeavor to offer a fee reduction, potentially including stipends for expenses, for prospective fellows who are appropriate for this program and who would otherwise not be able to attend.
- The program strongly encourages fellows — as well as their spouses or partners—to share their knowledge and experience with other program participants, students, faculty, and others within the community.
- Fellows should have a desire to become a greater force for good in the world while leveraging the knowledge and experience gained through the program.
- Spouses or life partners are welcome to audit up to two courses per semester (a course fee is applied) and are encouraged to submit a separate application if they desire to be a full fellow. They will have access to most campus facilities, activities, and events without a fee being applied.
Applications may be submitted October 1, 2021 through February 28, 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year. We look forward to reviewing your application.
“After what I consider to be a successful business career and a busy twelve years in retirement, I felt like I needed a new challenge. I was confident that the ILI would fulfill that need and perhaps provide a pathway to my future endeavors. To return to Our Lady’s University again after fifty-four years, and to take advantage of all that Notre Dame has to offer—academically, spiritually, culturally, and socially—was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
—Dave Kostolansky, ILI Fellow, Inaugural Cohort
“Looking for more than simply some kind of lifelong learning program to interest or challenge me in retirement, I was drawn to Notre Dame’s Inspired Leadership Initiative because it offered a rare opportunity to actually take the time—a year’s worth of time!—to discern my next vocation. Along with that gift, the ILI enkindled a new joy and an internal peace that comes with doing what one is called to do."
—Cindy Sescleifer, ILI Fellow, Inaugural Cohort