Digital Speaker Series
We are proud to offer two digital speaker series during the 2022-2023 academic year, available exclusively through ThinkND, Notre Dame's online learning community. Below you can read more about these two series and view past events.
During the fall of 2020 we launched our digital series, "Inspiring Conversations," with a theme of “Leading People in an Ever-Changing World.” Through stories, perspectives, and lessons learned from their own experiences, the speakers reflected not only on their expertise—but also their humanity—both within their organizations and in their communities.
Then that spring, we presented the second round, which focused on "Transforming Lives and Lives Transformed." It featured leaders from across many disciplines, industries, and ministries. This was followed by our exploration of the theme of "Journey Towards Purpose" during the 2021-2022 academic year. This featured well-known leaders who specialize in guiding people toward living more fulfilling, happy lives.
We will continue the series in the 2022-2023 academic year with a focus on “Kinship” as we dive into the value of true accompanied relationships and their value across multiple disciplines. Below is a preview of our speakers for this series, with more to come. Register below to hear about the upcoming events in this series.
- Thursday, November 10, 2022: The Value of Kinship in Leadership, with guest Dave MacLennan, CEO of Cargill
- Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. ET: Inspiring Conversation with Coach Niele Ivey, the Karen and Kevin Keyes Family Head Coach of the Notre Dame Women’s Basketball Team
- Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. ET: Inspiring Conversation with John T. McGreevy, Charles and Jill Fischer Provost of Notre Dame, discussing his new book Catholicism: A Global History from the French Revolution to Pope Francis
- Date To Be Announced: Fr. Dan Groody, C.S.C., Vice President and Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education will discuss his new book, "A Theology of Migration"
Creating Your Inspired Journey is an opportunity to be intentional about discovering, discerning, and designing a life with purpose. We will have worthwhile discussions about the essential ingredients of building a life and a legacy: our creativity, our vision, and the tools we need for the journey to make it happen. You are invited to join this series and begin to write the next chapter of your life by adopting the practices of finding a meaningful calling with those who do this with students from undergraduates through ILI fellows who have finished their chosen career and are looking to clarify who they want to be in their next phase of life.
Below are the details of the four sessions of this series:
- Monday, November 14, 2022: The Search for an Inspiring Life—How to Measure What Matters Most
- Thursday, December 8, 2022: Thinking About Your Legacy
- Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. ET: “Preparing for Your Next Phase” with Chris Farrell, American Public Media Marketplace columnist and author on “second stage”
- Thursday, February 23, 2023: ILI Exploration Session